Saturday, June 20, 2009

High Desert

Idaho has a high desert, stretching 900 square miles across the central, eastern part of the state. Beautiful rest-stop displays with mini-walking trails explain the lava-scape and the use of the land as a nuclear power testing area over the last sixty years. It reminds me of California and I already feel at home. There are one-hundred mile stretches between gas stations, and I worry there isn't enough water in Alice if we break down, that we will all overheat if the air conditioning isn't blasting (but it's making me cold). Not so. Thunder storms constantly roll overhead, and it is a cool 65 degrees. Not surprising, my phone informs me there are flash flood warnings. I could also see warnings of alien attack or dinosaur resurrections on this landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment