Thursday, July 23, 2009

Polishing for naught

after                                                       before

I have been working on polishing Alice, several thunderstorms having dulled her beautiful, anodized surface (much like my Mac laptop). Lovingly rubbing the surface in the hot desert sun with WD-40 revealed a lovely finish, removing a white fog.


This morning, I was deeply saddened to see that some one had egged my car, splattering yolk onto Alice. Even after washing, I realized I would have to re-polish that area, then wax. I haven't yet received my Parabond seam sealant in the mail, and was putting off the wax until the seams were sealed. I don't know if wax would have protected the aluminum any better than the raw, cleaned surface from the acidic contents of an egg. I never imagined I would have had to protect against such a substance. It's especially disappointing, as I have had such good experiences with eggs this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment