Sunday, August 15, 2010

From Blah to YEAH!

The living room walls and ceiling were an uninspired beige color, contracted with the shocking orange curtains, orange curtain rod finials, the orange sconces, and the 1960s spun glass orange light fixture.

My gorgeous 1920s couch (a steal at $250 in an antique shop!!) blended right into the blah. Old lady house!!

Even the previous owners ghastly choice of marble for the fireplace was the same color as the blah.

Right away, I changed the ceiling to "Country Mist", a blue so light, it threatens to be white. The orange chandelier starts to pop right away!

The walls are a turquoise aqua color (I already forgot the name--let me know if you really want to know!). As you can see now, it's a big difference! The marble and couch pop out and say, heck yeah! We are hip!!

Now, I think the room has a tropical flare, and the orange ball could be interpreted as a sunny spot in the cool room. I still hate those curtains, but they will work for now.

By request.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Impressive change (I hate the curtains now too... though I liked them when the room was blah-colored). Stacy did a fine job. Now post a pic from the yellow room looking into the blue room. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... I will once I clean the yellow room up again. Still some box clutter to hide, I mean, unpack and put away neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the aqua on those walls!
    Agata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of color! I actually like the curtains. They compliment the wall color and you can easily sneak in some similar color in spots to pull it together. It does have a tropical feel. Good luck "unpacking" the rest!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last picture secures this pair of rooms into the Annals of Awesome. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete