Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easier to make the list than check things off.

The more I have to do, the more lists I make, the more likely I want to write out those lists here, so I can talk my way through the chaos.

Because, my oh my, there is chaos.

I emailed some handymen I found on Craigslist this morning. I had two things I wanted quotes for: one I didn't think I could do myself, and one I knew I could do really well, but would take me a lot of time. So one of them emailed he could come give me a quote today, after church. When he called for the address, there was something about a Long Island Italian accent that made me really happy. He arrived promptly, gave me a really reasonable quote, then asked if I had time right now, and he could get started? Awesome. Already, the mud he put over the Issue looks better than it did. True, it isn't the right color or texture, but it looks so much better.

Then there is the whole "you gotta file your taxes" thing. I don't mind paying taxes, but they are way too complicated for me (even before I had complicated money things), so I have to pay someone, which means I have to be organized and make an appointment. Ugh. Tomorrow.

Then there is the yard. I have a recommendation for a sprinkler guy who will hopefully be able to come this week and repair the vandalism on my well, and perhaps make a valve that can switch between well and city water. Neat. Just a matter of scheduling. Everyone seems so busy. Maybe he can give the grass some fertilizer too.... it's a patchy lawn at best.

The main task for me is cleaning cleaning cleaning. De-cluttering (which isn't to say I have clutter, but I'm making a house that is "for sale" rather than "my house" now). Raking the yard. Planting colorful flowers in the pots. Luckily, the furniture is mostly placed and minimized. Somehow I have a couple-too-many small tables. Any every time I sweep or vacuum, a new tumbleweed of cat hair appears out of no where. Poor things have no idea I will soon be making them live in the trailer.

It will get done. Maybe I will soon be able to post pictures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment