Monday, June 10, 2013

Admitting the crazy

It's confession time, an important, periodic event for any blog. It's time to confess my obsession that gives me a little extra oomph on my road trip. It used to be antique shops, then thrift shops, but now it's collections and more specifically, collecting. I have visited caches of DIY taxidermy displays, a glass museum, a bottle house, an elephant museum. Before I even started, I saved something like 1000 such images on Pinterest. Collections of sticks and geometric forms. I even tried to make one out of straws. 


So basically, every time I stop, I am picking up rocks, bits of metal, bone, shells, chips of porcelain and glass, and tumbled smooth wood. Each location is tied up in a bag. 

One river front had decades of broken glass washed up on shore between the gravel, some melted together with rusty bits of things from past camp fires. 

There's a place called Dead Horse Bay that is supposed to be even more extreme with the bits and bottles. I almost can't wait. 

There. I feel better getting that off my chest. 

Glass Museum

Morgan Museum Taxidermy Collection

Mr Ed's Elephant Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment