Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nothing gets done when I do lots of things

Here's how it happened. 

I decided to clean up/out my office. I noticed a small glass dish on my desk that I thought should go in the bathroom. Inside the dish was a small porcelain deer with a broken leg. Since it was clearly sitting there waiting to be fixed I decided to fix it. I went looking for the superglue I just put away in the drawer in the living room. Upon getting out the superglue, I decided I should also glue the piece that broke off the large sculpture during the move two years ago. Once the little deer leg was fixed however I found the same glue was not working on the sculpture. As I had already been sitting and holding it in place for a good 5-10 minutes I decided I should go try wood glue. I went to the basement to find the glue. Before returning upstairs I decided to see if it was still good. I untwisted the top and squeezed but no air came out; I took the top completely off and squeezed, pouring glue down my whole sweatshirt. I removed the sweatshirts to throw it into the laundry before the glue dried. However there was still laundry in the washer and the dryer from earlier today. I had to pull out the dryer laundry to fold and move the washer laundry over to the dryer, carefully removing the items for hanger drying. Hey look there's my missing credit card. Anyway I put the sweatshirt in the washer, then I go looking for a piece of cardboard to scoop up the remaining glue from the floor. That goes off pretty well and I return to the sculpture with my new bottle of glue with the stopped up lid. I apply the glue to the sculpture then sit down to hold the piece in place for five minutes while perusing the Internet on my phone. I get it in my head that I should use a flocking to reseal the sculpture to hide the cracked and repaired pieces from all of its moves. After finding I could get red or light pink but no hot pink I decided the piece was dried in place and got up to retrieve the covered dish that was sitting on the floor next to the dresser where the superglue was kept. I returned to the bathroom with the dish and noticed the blood pressure monitor sitting on the counter. I decided to stop and take my blood pressure. Wondering again why my heart rate was so high I then boxed it up and put it away. Returning to the kitchen, I wondered what I should do next, when I remembered I was supposed to be cleaning my office. Ninety minutes had gone by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment