Tuesday, June 29, 2010

House -- Master Bedroom Suite
















The master bedroom is a whooping 23.75 feet by 15.75 feet. It has two ugly ceiling lights (dated in the not-good way), one on a dimmer, and a large mirror in the middle of the wall (I've just listed the three things I plan on getting rid of in there first!). The seller is going to take down the border paper and paint a "neutral color." Since the room is so big, I want to put a nice sitting area near the french doors, and the bed in the end of the room near the bathroom... angle? wall? Don't know yet. I bought an antique iron bed today (old beds only come in Full size). If it is too small, it will be the guest bed. Hear that, friends?!

Big, "his" and "hers" closets with little shelves for shoes and lighting inside. Did I mention there are an obscene about of light switches in this place? Probably not.

Fabric I like for the bedroom curtains maybe:
[link broke]
with a dramatic accent wall, something like this:


Back to the Bathroom


Pink and minty green decadence.

There are no curtains in there now, but I think I found Pink and Green fabric that would make an even More appropriate curtain. Especially for a tweeter like me.


















The fixtures and grout appear original, without any re-caulking. It is shockingly clean and nice, despite the dated look.

1 comment:

  1. Birdies...very cute.
    I would make the curtains so that they covered the entire window when you wanted to close them for privacy.

    What about medium size grommets? Don't think grommet is the correct word but the basic idea. Easy to close and easy to make.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete