Thursday, July 15, 2010

Time is passing

Lots of packing and thinking about the new house, the new city, the new school. Lots of very "adult" things I have to do first, like apply for mortgages, sell cars, sell furniture, Xerox years of W2s. I'm looking forward to being done packing, done moving boxes around the apartment (I get to move them into a truck next week!), and on the road in Alice, even if it's only for a week. She did get a newer, more compact typewriter this Spring, but didn't get a new floor or set of cushions like I was hoping (not as expensive as a house, but almost--that, and she still has a couple leaks I can't seem to fix; no new floor until I know it won't have to be ripped out). It has me mostly fretting and worrying, when I feel like I should be reflecting and coming to new, zen-like conclusions about consumer culture, careers, and vacations with cats. Otherwise, things are super great, thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment