Thursday, September 15, 2011

"I Meant What I Said When I Said It"

Preparing Installation
Live in the Northcutt Steele Gallery this Friday night, in conjunction with the Faculty Exhibition, Kristen Wilkins will present a new performance work about anxiety, longing and regret. The performance will take place within an installation of failed embroidery linens, drawings, photographs of crayon-drawn portraits, and archaic communication equipment, which will remain on view for the duration of the exhibit. Wilkins’ Friday performance will add components to the installation in a kind of compulsive creation without regard to craft. Using the last overhead projector available from Audio Visual Services, she will attempt to complete drawings her father made fifty-five years ago. Interspersed with these live-projector-drawings, Wilkins will also type free-form poems inspired by framed drawings of happy children.

2 comments:

  1. Suddenly i love performance art!! Wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there too! You'll be great (AND I'll be looking forward to watching it when I get there in a few days)! ;)

    ReplyDelete