Sunday, April 15, 2012

Retail therapy. New is good, but vintage is better.

Today, R and I went shopping. We have been doing that a lot lately. I try to only buy things that are special, but when you prefer hand-made things, before you know it, everything is special. If you like hand-embroidered kitchen towels, well, they're all different, unique, and made with the hand of a special person I'll never know.


I found a few neat things today. So did R. I was trying to hold back, but then I found this. It is a white Hippo piggy bank. We had been making jokes about how hippos would be the next trendy animal (like cats). I picked up this funny looking hippo, looked on the bottom as I always do, and was surprised to see a "Tiffany & Co." sticker and stamp. It was for sale for $2.

So, I don't know what I'll do with it, but he is pretty cute. He may also be going up on eBay. Hey, I have a roof to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment