Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fish presents

I ran into a co-worker I don't know very well (but want to!) at a thrift shop. She told me she was looking for a fish mold to make a fish mousse in. I don't really know what that is, but when I ran into her in another aisle, she said, "oh, it's ok. Someone called me with one I can borrow."

When I was out thirst shopping the next day (I may have a problem), I saw several great fish molds. I thought, what the heck, and picked out this one.

I forgot to bring it to work yesterday, but happened to see the co-worker in the hall. (Rumor has it she has been having a tough time lately... I can empathize!) So, I told her, you know, I saw a fish mold this weekend and thought of you, so I bought it for you. Her face lit up and she jumped out of the elevator to hug me. Then she asked how much I owed her. I said, nothing! How often does the universe give you the chance to buy someone a perfect present?

Yesterday, I brought it by her office. She wasn't there, but it has these cute little rings to hang on the wall, which worked perfectly on a pin on her door. It looked so normal there, I wondered if she would notice it.

A few hours later, I got an email from her. "You MADE my day…my week…my year!"

So, you know.... pass it on and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment